Sign in to follow this  
nixwebo

Chrome or Fire Fox How Do You Roll?

I have been using both for a while and I have found myself drawn to the simplicity and speed that chrome offers as a web browser. Of course the early versions of chrome I hated, they were very unstable at least on my computer and seemed to crash all the time, this bug seems to have been fixed now.

However, I do always come running back to the Fire Fox web browser. I love the features and the scalability it offers with all the must have plugins.

How you browse the web?

I like chrome a lot but when I tried to download it I found out that a lot of sites don't support it still and I decided to delete it and go back to Firefox. I didn't have any problems with my computer crashing at the time it just didn't work with anything at all. Firefox is still number one although that was a nice try from Google :)

Well, my computer never crashed, just the browser. I still use chrome from time to time, it will be going though a lot of R&D in the coming months as Google plans on using it as the framework for there os on some systems, it sounds like. I know that Firefox is going to be hard to beat in my book, but then again I would love using Opera if it was not such a resource hog.

I liked Opera but it just was really sluggish on my computer so I had to remove that one. You are right though, Firefox is going to be very hard to beat with competition. Part of that I think also has to deal with the plugins that they have.

I am using Firefox at present as it offers many needed addons that are mostly needed for me and we can just install any addon that we need in a single click and no need to browse and all. I think i will not be changing to Chrome as i already used it once and fed up with it.

I use chrome for anything and everything except one. Chrome just does not show my Third Party Fund Transfer menu on my net banking. I have to go back to FireFox/IE for this purpose.

May be someone from this forum can help me resolve that ?!!

I am using Firefox at present as it offers many needed addons that are mostly needed for me and we can just install any addon that we need in a single click and no need to browse and all. I think i will not be changing to Chrome as i already used it once and fed up with it.

OMGOSH, the firefox addons can get so addicting! lol. I need to go and actually download some more. I had to uninstall my firefox and reinstall it after the chrome experience for some reason and lost all of my plug ins. The one I installed right away was the "ADD THIS" plug in. I love love love that plug in. The plugins I think is one thing that makes Firefox awesome.

I use chrome for anything and everything except one. Chrome just does not show my Third Party Fund Transfer menu on my net banking. I have to go back to FireFox/IE for this purpose.

May be someone from this forum can help me resolve that ?!!

I know chrome uses its own version of java and I have seen a few places where this causes issues. I am guessing this is a java menu that slides out or drops down? I am not sure there is anything to fix, maybe you can throw an email up the chrome dev team.

I think both are good browsers, I was using firefox because it offered a lot of addons but it started crashing and now I am using both Chrome and Firefox. Chrome is more stable and fast :)

For those of you who were finding it hard to make a move over to Chrome because it did not offer plugins like Firefox had, the wait is over,Google Chrome Extensions are here! I will be starting a new thread shortly so everybody can share their favorite Chrome extensions with the community.

I prefer chrome simply for how streamlined it is. I find that it runs extremely fast for me and I have had very few crashes. I do occasionally run into things that are incompatible with Chrome but they are few and far between.

I use firefox, I like its simplicity and design. I also like some of the plugins it has to offer.

Chorome is also simple and easy to use, Ive tried it only a couple of times and I quiet liked it. But I am used to firefox and dont really want to change anything yet.

The bug in the chrome on my computer also seems to have been fixed on its own accord by now. I too had the problem with the earlier version. Now everything with chrome is okay. It is really simple as you have said.

For me its firefox everytime, its the versatility of the plugins that does it for me everytime. I have tried chrome but it just doesnt do it for me. Long live firefox :D

I wonder what is the technological fact behind the speed factor of google chrome. Its speed is remarkable. I remember to have read reviews just before its launch. All the reviews highlighted its speed factor.

Recently I downloaded the alexa tool bar with the aid of the Firefox browser. I wonder whether that can be done using the Google Chrome.

Recently I downloaded the alexa tool bar with the aid of the Firefox browser. I wonder whether that can be done using the Google Chrome.

Yes, Alexa is available for Chrome as well - It can be downloaded from Alexa's site here: Alexa Chrome Toolbar

Chrome is much faster and stable. Open Task Manager and you will see it's using a separate process for every tab you open.

I use Firefox, Chrome is spyware. Tell your firewall to ask you for permission every time Chrome tries to talk to Google, you'll notice it does it every 20mins or so even when you aren't using Chrome.

I typically use FireFox because of the addons, but I Chrome is a close second. I love the translate feature that is built into Chrome as well but until Chrome has the addon support that FireFox has, FireFox will be my number one.