VIEW

How many links do I need?

SERP is not (only) about links but about search terms (keywords).

The simple answer... the more in-bound links from quality and relavant website the better!

I agree with vwebworld. There isn't a "threshold" of how many inbound links get you to the top. Some sites have hundreds and get poor rankings, while some with fewer are at the top of the serps. Focus on quality, relevant inbound links for your link exchanges, but remember that your site and page content is the main thing to get higher rankings.

Guest Desert Rose 702
Does anyone know how to find out how many links you need to get in Top of SERPs?

My exact question! I have submitted my new dating directory to a long list of directories in vilesilencer that do not require recip links in the hopes of getting a page rank Waiting.....:tongue:

My exact question! I have submitted my new dating directory to a long list of directories in vilesilencer that do not require recip links in the hopes of getting a page rank Waiting.....:tongue:

How did that go?

I thought links = Page Rank.

keywords = SERPS although I could get my head around both doing both!

Then again, the more one way inbound links you have the better for everything i feel.

There are ways to cheat and other things that help. In the end hard work and patience are the only ways that will work long time.

As much information and links you have for that site it does not yet have any PR? You have been working on that site like crazy not to mention very hard.

While getting links can help both with rankings and even pagerank, this is nothing compared with having a site that people love and want to visit often. People should work on their site 90% of the time and do seo 10% of the time. Too often these two things are backwards.

I still submit to directories a few minutes per day and trade links when it makes sense, but I think sometimes people get in too much of a hurry. Hope that makes sense.

You may not have a visible PR... PR is only updated every so often by Google.

The important thing is the number of quality in bound link to your site.

Do not fret of PR #. PR is not a realtime #

~Roland

Short answer = More links than your top competitors!

Long answer = Exactly what Roland and Dvduval have said... don't worry so much about SEO as about providing a great experience for your sites viewers... if you do this other sites that are starting out will link to you naturally (w/o you having to ask!)

That being said - Terri your a writer... how many articles have you written on your subject? Pick a frequency (for example - if you want to write 3 articles a week... then stick to it keep putting them out there) others will link to your articles... then you build quality IBLs w/o asking / wasting time / submitting to directories...

Also directories are not NEARLY as important as they once were... the new update that took place 3 weeks ago proved that... it's been all across the net now w/ the blog buzz...

I'm not saying that directories are worthless... just not worth as much as they once were...

do some research... if your selling blue widgets... and the #1 site out there in Google for Blue Widgets has 500 IBL's find out where they are coming from... then ask for a link ;)

it really is that simple...

DB

To get firm search engine results page placement it is essential that the visitors should be targeted. The number of links in irrelevant areas is not going to help your cause at all. The links should first of all be well placed and they should find themselves in the right areas.

Ensure that your inbound links are relative and related to your link, because if not, it will only be incompetent enough thus placing you at the bottom of search results. Do this by regularly updating your site and providing high quality content. As for the number of inbound links, there's no limit as to how many you will need. Just be sure of what links you're connecting with.

Quality of visitors also plays an important role when it comes to getting a top placement in SERPs. Unique visitors are important for that matter. How long they stay on the site or blog is equally important.