Bee

Page Rank

I used the Dawg Witch Google Page Rank checker. What exactly is the benefit of having Alexa Ranking? I hope I said that correctly! Bee

I've never heard of that tool, but to start off with Alexa ranking has nothing to do with page rank. Alexa tracks statistics via its toolbar, the lower the number the more traffic the site gets, supposedly.

The Alexa ranking is fun to see especially if your site has a lower number but it's not accurate because it only uses its toolbar to track statistics. So if 10% of your visitors have a toolbar, Alexa is only tracking 10% of your actual traffic.

I never realised that Fabio. By the way I thought you had "retired" from TWT

Alexa is a way for the public to check a site's number of visitors. We webmasters all use analytics or something similar.

I think PageRank is also not good indicator of web site. As Google show PageRank update in tool bar after three month where as for ranking purpose it update it on day to day basis.

Alexa rankings and Google page rank are completely different entities.Google page rank is an indication of quality backlinks that your website has where as alexa rankings depends more on your website traffic.Google's PR tool is obtained by a free download of google's tool bar and the same holds good for alexa.

To check out accurate PR and backlinks I suggest tools offered by zippy,whois and selfseo.

Try them out they provide accurate results through out.