JASPER

Are Fusion 2013 and Google Wed Designer any good?

Right, now is nearing the time for action to re vamp my website using an HTML5 WYSIWYG web design software.

I am thinking of using NetObjects Fusion 2013 cost £95 GBP  But is Fusion 2014 due out soon?

Does anyone have any advice on this?

I am also considering waiting until I buy a new PC when windows 9 comes out next May and perhaps using the Google Web Designer.

Has anyone tried this yet?  

I only have XP so it wont work on my PC.

Which is better, does anyone have an opinion or advice?

NetObjects Fusion has a graphical user interface and generates HTML or (since release 11) XHTML through its own proprietary database.

NetObjects Fusion on Wikipedia

I haven't used NetObjects Fusion but my impression of it is that is would be overkill for your website as it is right now.  Not crazy about anything that has proprietary ways of doing things.  Just means more work if you have to convert it to use something else later if they go out of business or you decide you don't like it.

Have you looked at Expression Web 4?  It is not supported by Microsoft anymore but it is free.

Thanks I'll take a look.

As it is I will have to re build my website from the ground up as Serif WebPlus X5 has issues and faults.

It is getting a bit tiring having to work around the crashes etc,

Is it HTML5 though?

Looks like there is an upgrade but it looks a bit old and I may find myself out of date again in a year or so.

You could make your own template what ever way you want and recycle it as you create pages.

Expression Web has a Microsoft specific feature for included files which updates all the files on your computer before you upload to the server.