Fabio Cuffaro

New PC - Windows 8 - IE 10

I am typing from a brand spanking new desktop. Feels good to have something with a little horsepower :)

Since I've never tried IE 10, I think I'm gonna give it a try for a few days. I've recently tried Opera and liked it.

I've been "shopping around" for new browsers after Chrome continued to have issues with crashing because of shockwave. Firefox is faster than what it used to be, but Opera was really fast.

I'll give you an update after a few days of testing IE 10

I liked Opera.

So far IE is ok, but it crashes a few times a day. I'm not sure if IE 10 has improved on speed or if it's my new computer. Gonna be trying out different browser again soon.

After dealing with continual crashes with IE 10, I'm giving up on it. Downloading Opera now.

By the way, Windows 8 is an epic fail. It amazes that a company of this size and experience can keep on making these amazing blunders.

I too am keen on a new desktop and have been for a while.

I looked at the Lenovo but they are made in China and I was worried about possible 'back door' security issues.

Good value though and quite future proof.

For me, it must be at least Intel Core i5  with 4GB ram.  Hard disc capacity is not an issue.

I was concerned about some of my software programs working on the new windows systems.

I didnt need Windows 8 which as far as I can see has been developed for touch screen PCs.

Currently using a Compaq Presario PC  Pentium 4 Windows XP and IE8 which I have had for 9 years. Its been a good 'un.

IE8 is getting slower and more useless but Firefox font display is not as nice IMO.

Safari is Apple and it is crap IMO. Chrome is Google - they know too much already! 

I have never used Opera.

Jasper, you can still find many PCs with Windows 7. If you can find one, get that over Windows 8.

If you get Windows 8 there might be a chance that some of your software won't work as I have found out unfortunately.

THis constant merry-go-round of new versions of windows is all well and good, especially as Windows 8 was primarily for touchscreens but..........................

MSoft shoudl make sure that software that works on XP and later will still work on their latest Windows OS.

Bad enough to buy a new PC without haveing to buy all new software too and learning all the changes again.