Fabio Cuffaro

Linkedin BlackBerry App

I just received an email about a BlackBerry app for Linkedin. If this email was personalized to me, it's scary. lol How did they know I have a BB.

Did anyone else get this email?

linkedin-blackberry.jpg

Nope.

One of the scary things about these social networking sites is just how much they know about you and your business. ^_^

Are you even sure it came via LinkedIn?

One way I keep track of where an email came from is to use a separate email for each service. e.g. linkedin@mydomainname.com That way I know where they got/rifled the email address from. Out of my collection of email addresses, 2 emails set up that have been rifled from the web and they are making the rounds with the spammers.

I also get out of the blue invites to places like LinkedIn and spammy stuff to email addresses that have nothing to do with LinkedIn. I know then they didn't contact me via the service and their email is tossed.

Are you even sure it came via LinkedIn?

I'm good at spotting the spammy stuff, though a few really good phishing ones nearly had me believing it had come from the source. This one did come from Linkedin.

One way I keep track of where an email came from is to use a separate email for each service. e.g. linkedin@mydomainname.com That way I know where they got/rifled the email address from. Out of my collection of email addresses, 2 emails set up that have been rifled from the web and they are making the rounds with the spammers.

That's a great tip!