Fabio Cuffaro

What music do you listen to while working?

It's rare that I work in front of the computer without listening to music, including when I read and write. It helps to drown out the sounds around me and helps me to focus on what I'm doing. Not all music is the same for me though. I prefer instrumental music vs anything that is vocal. When there are vocals I focus on the words and I lose focus on what I am doing. Instead instrumental I am not distracted, but rather focused on what I do.

The two different styles that I listen to most while I work is Trance (electronic music) and Jazz. From all the different genres, these are the ones that help me get things done.

How about you, do you listen to music? If so, what do you listen to?

• Like 16

For the many years I worked for someone else I always had a radio in my office/on my desk. A lot of the time I worked alone so this helped pass the time when things were slow.

Later on I had a mini "stereo" that had a cd player. I had some cds of my own plus on really stressful days I borrowed some piano music cds from another person who did the same thing.

Never hooked up my mini stereo when I started to work from home. I realy should. Right now I just listen to the silence, traffic outside and the birds.

Right now I just listen to the silence, traffic outside and the birds.

Lol! Yes you should. I have a decent pair of Altec Lansing PC speakers with a subwoofer. Sound is great for a pair of speakers. Sometimes I like listing to music with headphones. Maybe that's what you should use in the meantime.