Sign in to follow this  
Fabio Cuffaro

Internet Freedom Under Attack - Again

It seems that government and companies keep on trying to place a cap on the internet and make sure that you only see what they want you to see. So far we have enjoyed the internet as an open gateway to information without any restrictions. This openness is a threat to many government bodies and corporations. Seeing that the internet today is tightly integrated in today's everyday living, they want to meter and censor it. Actually, it's already happening.

Based on the movie

that I recently watched in Youtube, it makes perfect sense to censor and control the internet. If you haven't watched the documentary, I highly recommend that you do.

Today I received a newsletter from OpenMedia.ca that there is a new surprise attack about internet and it's coming from Telecom giants and repressive regimes.

From the article:

Wow. Telecom giants and repressive regimes are teaming up to use a little-known UN agency to make the Internet more expensive,1 surveilled,2 and censored.3

You can read about it here: http://openmedia.ca/...surprise-attack

You can make a difference by signing up to Protect Global Internet Freedom . This is all taking place on December 3rd. Sign up now and let your voice be heard. Together we can make a lot of noise, and governments and companies hate when people get together to make noise. They realize that as one group, people joined together can make a difference.