Hotmail inbox empty!

1 reply to this topic

#1 Fabio Cuffaro

Fabio Cuffaro

The Don (Administrator)

• Global Administrators
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

I haven't logged into my Hotmail account in a while. Let's say a couple of years. I've had this account since 1999 and was surprised to see that all of my emails were deleted. This the problem when you store information somewhere other than your own hard drive. I don't like cloud computing and I never will. It has its advantages but keeping copies on your own drive is key.

#2 WiseWebmaster

WiseWebmaster

• Super Moderators
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

I would agree with you. It is amazing how many people use web mail for their business and don't have a copy stored on their own computer for future reference. If you use an email program on your own computer and pick up your mail:
  • No lost mail due to email server failure.
  • You can compose and reply to emails whether you have an email connection or not. It will send them when you are once again connected to the Net.
  • What if someone hacks your account or worse, the service is closed suddenly. You loose all that stuff you had stored on the service

When someone says to do something without quoting a trusted reliable source, ask for verification or go research the info yourself to verify the advice will not get you in trouble. The search engine guidelines is a good place to start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users