WiseWebmaster

Transitioning Away From Affiliate Marketing

If it isn’t quite clear that traditional (old) affiliate marketing is dead, then you've been living under a rock the last year.

“Pure affiliate sites consisting of content that appears in many other places on the web is unlikely to perform well in Google search results and can cause your site to be negatively perceived by search engines,” according to Google.

It is unlikely that you can realistically create a sustainable long term search based business employing strategies that are outdated and marketing products or services that are already eating away at your profit margin. How can you fix this?

:mad2:

Just as I was thinking of doing some affiliate stuff (with original content, not copy and paste the supplied stuff).

What do you think of the alternates proposed?

Its crazy, they suggested something that won't be done by everyody. I don't agree with them when they have said that we should stop being affiliate marketers. Everyone has their freewill to choose, and though one is not successful, there is somebody out there who might perform well.

Forget about the darn article and start doing what you think will work with your business. Its only an opinionated article that you should never mind.

Krystal,

Actually, I have read lots of places having your own product is much more profitable than affiliate marketing.

For example, the insurance example, it's kinda like affiliate marketing except you would get a finders fee or commission.

I have looked at the dropshipping option also. Seems the stuff I have found is only available in the States. Guess than means you have to look harder for dropshippers that will ship internationally or keep it to your own country.

:mad2:

Just as I was thinking of doing some affiliate stuff (with original content, not copy and paste the supplied stuff).

What do you think of the alternates proposed?

I would go then for affiliate marketing. No sure some say that some is dead and I'm very happy to hear that. My revenue from this market is increasing and people that have nothing else to do just spread this rumors to scare competitors away.

Good job for them!

I agree with krystal Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.So it is not a very old tradition.

Bois Franc R. Therrien