kms1167

Podcasts

One of my favorite ways to stay current on the latest technology and webmaster news and tips is to listen to the wide variety of podcasts on the subject while I am working. It is a great way to keep informed, while getting your own work done at the same time. I thought I would highlight a few of my favorites and hopefully everyone can share others that they enjoy as well.

-First of all, for any tech news check out the TWIT network on itunes. Leo Laporte and his team have a huge number of tech related podcasts that are updated daily and full of useful information for any webmaster or technology enthusiast.

-The Smart Passive Income Podcast - A spinoff from Pat Flynn's popular blog - Lots of webmaster tips and ideas

-CNET.com - They have a couple of great daily podcasts on the latest online and social network news

Anybody else have any webmaster or technology related podcasts they enjoy?

I don't have any of the i gadgets (my nephew won't give me his old iPod either :angry: ) so never really thought of using iTunes for podcasts.

Isn't it distracting to be listening to something you want to learn and work at the same time? News ones I can see listening to. That would be just like having the radio on. (Does anyone have a radio anymore? :( )

Have listened to some on the blogs I visit.

Great idea for when you are on vacation instead of taking books.

I don't have any of the i gadgets (my nephew won't give me his old iPod either :angry: ) so never really thought of using iTunes for podcasts.

Isn't it distracting to be listening to something you want to learn and work at the same time? News ones I can see listening to. That would be just like having the radio on. (Does anyone have a radio anymore? :( )

Have listened to some on the blogs I visit.

Great idea for when you are on vacation instead of taking books.

Listening on Itunes is nice as well - The vast selection of podcasts available allows you to specify to your interests much better than just the radio.

It can be distracting depending on what you are working on. I usually stick to podcasts if I am doing something visual or design related as opposed to writing. No matter how much music you have, I find it can get boring if you are listening to it for several hours a day, and podcasts are a nice way to fill the gap and keep you informed.