Dy.namik

Need some tips for my Webmaster forum

Hey guys, I was wondering if the community could give me some feedback on my forum: http://www.adminjuice.com

I would like to know your views on our appearence, layout, content, and domain. Yes, the domain, do you think it's a wel. suited name for a webmaster forum? Do you like it? If it could be changed to something els what could it be changed to?

Cheers,

Jay

The layout and content are fine. The template is not original but sometimes that doesn't matter too much. This forum uses the default look for IPB. The look is important but what's found in the threads is what really matters. The members and content are key.

The name Admin Juice doesn't really say much for the type of forum, it sounds more like a forum for forum administrators rather than webmasters, but that's OK. One you have a well established community the name will matter less.

I would remove the Donate button. You're asking people to donate, but at this time you don't have much to offer in return.

The name Admin Juice doesn't really say much for the type of forum, it sounds more like a forum for forum administrators rather than webmasters,

Seeing your design uses a fixed width (or min width, I didn't look at the coding) you have room over on the right side of your banner to put a slogan or some other indication of what the forum is focused on.

There isn't enough colour contrast between the background and words for your titles of each section of the forum. If you changed the background colour to #176789 (a darker shade of what you have) and the text to #ffffff (white) then the colour contrast would work for those who are colour blind and for the rest of us that aren't. :)

Your sub forum titles need to be darker too to create a better colour contrast. #215E7D (2 shades darker) works!

The column titles need to be darker too.

Other than the colour contrast issue, looks nice and clean.

Good luck with your forum.