Just Unfollow Twitter Unfollowers

5 replies to this topic

#1 Fabio Cuffaro

Fabio Cuffaro

The Don (Administrator)

• Global Administrators
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

I have recently learned of a practice that some people on Twitter are using. They follow you and then when you follow them they unfollow you after a few days. I know this because I have been using a Twitter app that has been helping me see this sad practice. This helps them have a large following, which makes it seem that they are an important Twitter user.

Try it out for yourself. Go to JustUnfollow and see who is not following you. If you choose to, you can then delete them from your following list.

Fabio Cuffaro
Digital Marketing Consultant - AdWords Certified
FabioCuffaro.com

#2 kms1167

kms1167

• Members
  • 661 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for this, I had been looking for an app where I could see who was following/unfollowing me. I had been noticing people wanting to make it appear that they have a large ratio of followers to followed to make it seem like they are a great twitter user. Aside from celebrities, this is rarely the case however and it will be nice to have a way to quickly identify the spammers when you have a large following to dig through.

#3 karileighk

karileighk

• Members
  • 960 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

Oh, I didn't know that you could do this lol. Thanks for letting us know! That is so cool now that I can finally unfollow a lot on my list that I don't have a clue who they actually are lol.

#4 DjKrypto

DjKrypto

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:40 AM

Yeh there are many people who do this. When I used twitter last year I use to manually unfollow people who use to unfollow me. Its great to see a site like Justunfollow where you can simply log in and unfollow users quickly.
I once was lost but never found :D

#5 WiseWebmaster

WiseWebmaster

• Super Moderators
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

Does that tool let you see who is not following you back before you unfollow them? As in you get to pick and choose who it unfollows.

Wondering because if you follow some big names it very likely they don't follow you back. By dumping them from your follow list you loose out on some good info.
When someone says to do something without quoting a trusted reliable source, ask for verification or go research the info yourself to verify the advice will not get you in trouble. The search engine guidelines is a good place to start.

#6 kms1167

kms1167

• Members
  • 661 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

Does that tool let you see who is not following you back before you unfollow them? As in you get to pick and choose who it unfollows.

Wondering because if you follow some big names it very likely they don't follow you back. By dumping them from your follow list you loose out on some good info.

Yes, the tool will populate a list of either your "followers" or "fans." The lists also include data for each including their number of friends and followers. This allows you to make the decision whether or not you would like to unfollow them or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users