Blazed

How Much Time Do You Spend?

On an average week how often do you think you spend on a social site, like massive links, facebook, twitter and others?

I think that I probably spend about a half hour a day, so for me it would be close to 4 hours a week.

I spend a lot of time on social sites, not so much on Facebook and twitter though. I dont think I even spend 1/2 an hour a week on Facebook, and I dont use Twitter.

Mosts of my time is spent on Forums like Massive Links and a few other. I think I visit this site around 6-8 times a day from morning to evening. I mostly skim through all new posts to make sure they are within the rules and then read a few interesting topics and post a few things. So in all around 3 hours a day on Massive Links + a say around 1 hour on other forums.

So overall around 30 hours a week on social sites :o

I would say that I average a couple hours a day social networking. I probable am on MassiveLinks for an hour or so spread throughout the day and the rest of the time is basically using Twitter and Facebook for my website promotion and networking. I don't spend much time on them for personal reasons these days.

On an average week how often do you think you spend on a social site, like massive links, facebook, twitter and others?

I think that I probably spend about a half hour a day, so for me it would be close to 4 hours a week.

Strange you would link ML with facebook and twitter. I don't and others don't seem to either. I spend a lot of time here too and not on the other two.

The biggest advantage of webmaster forums over the social bookmarking websites is that by taking part in the conversations and web topics, you would be learning a lot as well as posting your links and naturally promoting your own website. Boards are like huge libraries over the net, getting regularly updated with new topics as well as informative articles and no wonder some moderators and posters are found, spending some hours of time everyday managing the posts made on the forums, posting replies and answering questions.

Facebook = zip Had privacy concerns from day 1

Twitter = 5-6hr?

Forums = 20hrs (spread through number of times per day)

Email lists = before the ecomony went awall, 5hrs

I don't think ML or DP or any other site is really a social network. forums and social networks a different kettle of fish. However if looking at pure social networks, I'd say I spend 30 minutes per day. Not too long as I don't think the ROI is that good.

Social networks for me are more personal rather than business oriented. I tend to use forums and other sites when it comes to business. So may be about 15 mins a day on FB and 5-6 hrs on various forums.

I visit massivelinks for at least 5 times a day and spend a good amount of time on the site during each of the visits. I stay for a while in other webmaster forums too like v7n for about 30 minutes, digitalpoint for about 1 hour or so and like that. SEO is my favorite.

You seem to stay online a lot Miracles. I dream of staying for 6 hours online but most of the time do not succeed. This is due to several factors such as attendance at my workplace, household work, work related to children, etc.

I'm still a student, but practically I'm not interested in doing so many assignments or even studying. I just get into the flow. This decade is a mixture of internet revolution and massive high-tech development. I'm still enjoying being a teenager. :)

I usually spend about 8-10 hours a week socializing online, mostly on several forums and on tagged, which I like better than facebook or twitter.

I wish I could have more time to socialize, but for now a have a busy schedule and cannot afford.