Sign in to follow this  
neovision

What would you do if you became a millioniare?

Just a fun question, what would you do with the money if you became a millionaire? I would invest it somewhere so that I can get some good amount of recurring income back

Well I'd be rich.

I almost left it at that, but I figured that was a cheap response. I would do a lot of things. I have had a plan written out for who I would help and what I would do with 1 million bones for many years now. I know it sounds strange but this was a brainstorming and dreambuilding question in a business I was in years ago. I don't have time to run through it all on here.

The basic idea is make everybody around me that I care about "comfortable", usually if you try to do more than that for people it can turn around and bite you in the rear. I would give 33% right of the top to 3 various charities, I will not list em cause I don't wanna get bashed for my choices...lol and I would set aside a chunk of money for my children, assuming that I will have some someday. Whatever is left goes to a spread of mutual funds, stocks, bonds and a secret treasure chest, I always wanted a secret treasure chest!

After all that, I would continue to live like I do now and count my blessings that it did not turn out like Hurley on Lost.

Like Nick I would invest in a couple of charities, then I would spend a lot on getting some really good websites, build a couple of them up from scratch and promote them a lot.

After those started making money I would buy a new house and a car but not one that would be so expensive that I would go broke from it, just a reasonable nice house in a good neighborhood.

First off I would pay off my wife and my student loans! I would certainly donate a significant amount to charities and in helping out friends and family as well. After that I would invest some in stocks and mutual funds and some more into different ventures, on and offline that I have always had an interest in. I'm the type of person who needs to stay busy so I would probably end up working more than I do now, but it would be nice to know that you could back off if you wished and remain on solid financial ground.

I am just glad we made it this far without any lewd office space comments....I must admit that was my first thought when I read the question. It is interesting to see that most people actually think of giving it away first, before they buy themselves nice things. I wonder if that is anything close to how it would really go down, if any of us had that kind of money dropped on us?

Well, I to think most of the people will think of first donating to the charity or something, but I am really not sure how much of those people will donate to charity when they get such an amount of money in hand. I think only 1 in 5 person who think or say that they will donate to charity really does that in real life

Well it all depends on how many million.

But what ever the case, the money would certainly go a long way. I would donate some of the money to some good charities.

After that probably share some with my family, and then buy a house and a decent car. I would also save some money.

If I become a millionaire, I would buy a good home with a study room and garden in it. After depositing some amount in the bank, I shall donate some amount to the deserving children's benefit fund.

If I will become a millionaire, I will donate 10% of what I will get to charities. Next, 20% of the money left will be placed in life plans and other types of plans. After this, 40% will be used to start up a business (e.g. food, energy, telecom, media publishing and mining sectors). 10% will be placed in banks, while another 10% will be used in supporting institutions in the fields of R&D. 5% of the remaining 10% will be used in funding environmental projects. The last 5% will be for my own daily budgeted usage. :) I wish! Haha.

It is good to see all the members willing to donate some percentage of the money to charities. Well, human mind is always kind to help the destitute and the deplorable.

How come I haven't seen this topic until now?? :D

If I'll become a millionaire I would travel all over the world together with my loved ones.

As for charities, I would rather make my own foundation and help students to get a good education and children with disabilities to have reparatory surgeries and adecquate treatment, so they may enjoy a better life.

First of all, I think I would buy a house. I really want one right now. I always think only if I have my own house that I can be stay in the city for ever. If not, I might move to another cities later.

Secondly, I would do some investment to make more money. You know we need more money to make a good living.

But the most important I think is how to be a millioniare.

I will give a lot of money in donation, pay all dues, renovate my house and help relatives and then live happily ever after, if there is any such thing as that :)

Edited by WiseWebmaster

Sure I would get some stuff ... but generally I would just have more money to do / invest in what I'm doing now.

First of all i would help my close relatives to solve their financial problems.

Then i would buy everything i want. After that i would start me own business.